Tuesday, January 5, 2010

the good news is that i didn't cry at the surgeon's office...



 
....which is definitely one of my past weight loss behaviors when things didn't go right.    the not-surprising, but kind of disappointing, news is that i weigh 282.  yes.  the wall still exisits.   sigh.   deep sigh.

 
moving on....looking at the postive...i have lost 30 pounds since october 22nd.   my surgery was 2 months ago.   i am 10 pounds away from acheiving my first mini-goal of a 40 pound loss by our february 11th disney cruise.   i know believe that i will break the 281.5 wall by my next appointment on february 2nd.  i got another 1 cc fill for a total of 6.  

 
sitting in the exam room waiting for my fill (and trying not to cry) i noticed a poster on the wall that said:



Ten Rules for Living with the LAP-BAND® System: 
  1. Eat only when you are hungry, and no more than three small meals a day.
  2. Eat slowly and chew thoroughly.
  3. Stop eating as soon as you feel full.
  4. Do not drink while eating.
  5. Do not eat between meals.
  6. Eat only good quality, nutritious food.
  7. Avoid fibrous food.
  8. Drink enough fluids during the day.
  9. Drink only low-calorie liquids.
  10. Exercise/be active at least 30 minutes a day.
i am sure we all have seen this before.   we definitely have heard it before.   i have decided that this will be my daily checklist.  every evening i will review the list and report on my success.   i was tracking my protein, fat and calories every day -- but i started to rebel against that. 

and for my final positive thought for today.... regardless of today's weight and the wall in front of me....i will never look like this or weigh 373 again....


4 comments:

  1. Heidi,

    I am proud of you! You have identified a wall and are working on it. It will NOT stop you, my friend. You absolutely can do this.

    That picture speaks volumes. Granted you are not looking at the camera, but go look at the picture in the brown sweater and think about the sparkle in that woman's eyes vs this woman's face. You have the sparkle. You absolutely can do this. Unchartered waters are scary, but if you never test them, you'll never know what you are made of.

    And I'll post more on your other posts later. I too have major mommy issues. I realized it in therapy when I kept saying, "Well, my mom said" and "My mom thinks". My self-confidence is very wrapped up in what she thinks of me. But more later...

    If you ever want to chat, just let me know. I can email you my #. We're in this together!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heidi,
    I just went through and intently read your posts for the first time.. you are amazing.. You are going to kick ass with this weightloos, you message and committment is strong.. it comes through in your writing.. I am so glad I found your blog and will follow you closely.. be well, give that cutie pie of yours a hug..

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go girl... keep up the fantastic work and thanks for reminding me of the things to go back to every day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Heidi,

    I'm new to your blog... but my goodness, aren't WE in the same place?? My highest was 375.5, and am currently 273 (was 270... nasty ol' Christmas and all it's food!)

    I hit walls along the way as well..... sometimes I think our bodies need to rest at a certain weight for a while, and create a new "set-point"... The weight will come off, sweetie. Sometimes some hurdles are just higher than others.

    I'll be back.... and often! (BTW...... I cry all the time, at EVERY doctor apppointment. My regular doctor thinks I'm a nut!)

    ReplyDelete