Monday, January 11, 2010

if it is monday night....

i must be telling you how much i love my surgeon's team!    have i told you yet how much i love them?  lol.  support group was great AGAIN tonight.

our bariatric coordinator gave us each a small gift.  it is a book called "dream" and it is filled with quotes that relate to dreams.   she also gave us some post-it tabs.  our assignment is to go through and pick out a quote that means the most to us and write a couple things about its significance for next week.  i have already picked out 3 4 (i AM an over-achiever):

To hope and dream is not to ignore the practical.  It is to dress it in colors and rainbows.  Anne Wilson Schaef

Without leaps of imagination, or dreaming, we lose the excitement of possibilities.  Dreaming, after all, is a form of planning.  Gloria Steinem (i am a professional land planner)

Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself.  Go forward and make your dreams come true.  Ralph Waldo Emerson

It's time to start living the life you've imagined.  Henry James (i think this is my favorite).

i was able to talk to the group a little about my issues with control and change.  they were very supportive.  i also shared with them my 373 picture so they could know a little bit more about me and my journey.

the coordinator asked me to talk about my blogging and how i use it to de-stress. 

i also talked about my restriction and it seems that i may be too restricted.  it was suggested that i come in for a "smidge" of an unfill.  i don't know.  i am so scared to lose restriction.  it is not like i have reflux or discomfort.  but i do understand that i am probably going to end up protein deficient soon.  i would love to hear from others who have gone through this.  i am 2 months post-op and have 6 ccs.  in the morning i can only get down a shake right now.  lunch is about 1/3 cup of chilli with cheese.  another shake.  and dinner is about 1/2 cup of something with protein.  no carbs, gluten, etc.  i may snack on a cheese stick occasionally.

i am going to cut this short...i found out this evening i need to be on the other side of the state tomorrow morning -- which means no pilates consult for me.  :-(  but i did reschedule already for wednesday.  yay me for committing to exercise!

 i will catch up on your blogs tomorrow.  (last night took me almost 3 hours!) but i have to say i am not surprised that amy w. has a skanky disposition like me.  for some reason i had that feeling.  could it be the toe-pointing, hands on hips seductive progress pics that gave it away?.... lol.....

1 comment:

  1. Sorry, I can't help you on the issue of possibly having too much restriction. I just wanted to say that I am back reading blogs (still trying to get caught up) & I am sorry your GF is trying to tie you down so soon after starting the relationship. And I just wish I had more restriction!! I am now almost 2 months post Surgery & I only have 3 cc's!! I also started following the blog you suggested we check out!!

    ReplyDelete