Friday, November 6, 2009

tell me lies, tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies....


my job requires a lot of road time, often alone, in the car. so i have been thinking a lot about next monday and the future beyond that. lately my thoughts wander to "what to tell people"...


i think i have it figured out... here is my plan:


work -- besides the 2 co-workers and 2 citizens that know... i am going the star jones route and saying "diet and pilates". literally. if people can figure it out from there -- good for them. if not, maybe they should read more gossip magazines. lol.


family -- close and extended -- i will tell. either in phone conversation or in person when i see them when it comes up. i need their support as our family is based around food culture. i also want them to celebrate with me. our extended family is interesting... we have a lot of people who can maintain healthy weight and we have a lot who are can not. i am by far the largest person in our family right now. that sucks.


friends and social acquaintances -- i will be honest as the subject arises. some friends know and i can not expect them to be the keeper of a lie on my behalf.


i am looking forward to the future...maybe in 5 years when this is under control and i change jobs, meet new people through my daughter's activities or whatever and my weight and weight-loss will be a non-issue.


in the past i have always been uncomfortable when people comment on my weight-loss. i need to get over that NOW.

3 comments:

  1. i'm similar. i plan to tell those that don't already know that it's through exercise and portion control...because really it will be (i will have just had help from the band)!

    my inner circle was very small in terms of those who knew until my parents opened their mouths to their mothers so now all my aunts, uncles and cousins know. BOO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Just started following your blog. We seem to have a lot in common...

    Anyhow, I too am only telling a select few. I thought about telling more but after two lukewarm reactions, I decided that was all I was saying.

    I'm being banded 11/25, so I'll be right behind you!

    Take care,

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have told some people and not some people. I'm not telling my work because I don't want to be on light duty. Just today I decided to tell my son, 13 years old, the truth about my surgery. I had originally told him it was female surgery and he didn't ask any questions. I didn't want to tell him because he will tell his Dad and he will make fun of me. Lately I have been stressing to him about honesty and how important it is. After I picked him up from school today I told him "I have to tell you something, I haven't been honest with you about something". He said "Oh God, Don't Tell!"So I didn't.... I guess I'll try again later.

    ReplyDelete