that must mean it is support group night! yay! i actually had a dream last night about support group. i was frantically trying to get there and reach someone from the group by phone.
today i went to a gym by my office and have an appointment for tomorrow for a free session to try out pilates. i am hoping that i can physcially do it. if so, i plan to sign up for some private sessions to get going. i find that i am more responsible to other people than myself... i will keep an appointment with a trainer as opposed to trying to show up to a group class.
the trainer was nice and said that if i sign up for private sessions that our hour sessions can be a little pilates and even private spinning. i LOVE that! i always wanted to go to a spinning class but was intimidated by the intensity and speed. (also, the smell of the room at my old gym grossed me out when they would open the door to cool down during a session.
it is costly, but i am willing to make the initial investment right now. i was going to buy a very nice new leather sofa this weekend but i think i will put that on hold and put some of the money towards my body. also, i decided to go to a place by my work (35 minutes from home) because i actually have more flexibility at work than i do at home as a mom.
one more thing...i want to introduce you all to Chele/Banded Mommy. she is new to this journey -- so go visit her!
more tonight after group...
A few years ago, I took a few private Pilates classes. i was very direct. i called a few studios and asked them if anyone had experience working with someone very overweight or was interested in it, because I have some limitations. I knew this from trying to do Pilates videos. Well, it was awesome! I felt so good...after just five sessions, my posture improved, I stood taller, I felt great...unfortunately, I could not afford to continue and I didn't want to go to a group class nor did I continue at home. But if you can, I highly advise it - the lessons you learn in the class go with you all day, and as you incorporate engaging your core, you burn more calories as you go about your daily routine.
ReplyDeleteOh, totally jealous! You'll have to let me know how it goes. One thing I'm ready to get back to is spinning - I loved it previously, but I am waiting until I am below 300 to start. I don't think my poor butt could handle it right now!
ReplyDeleteAmy