Tuesday, September 14, 2010

new boobs, new boots and a cute waitress

this is going to be quick and dirty....because i can barely sit up straight from the excruciating pain in my back.

my birthday in bullet points:

  • surgeon thinks he can get insurance to cover my breast reduction and the cutting off of my stomach apron (i forget the medical term...starts with "P").  
  • i would then cover the minor "tummy tuck" part since my insurance will be paying for the anesthesia, etc.    the tummy tuck will pull everything tight.  and then maybe Amy W. will leave Heather for my killer abs.  whatevah.
  • he showed me pics of someone who had deflated and long hanging boobs like me.   she now has a nice perky C cup.  i can totally live with that after years of lying about being a DDD when i am really bigger.
  • he is willing to break his "3 months" after goal weight rule for me.  i could barely sit unsupported on the exam table because my back hurt so bad this morning.    he wants to get close to my one year lap band anniversary date at the very least.
  • insurance could take up to a month to approve.   then you usually get a 3 month time frame for the approval.  this puts me close to my november anniversary --- so the good lord willing and the crick don't rise i could be "fixed" anywhere from thanksgiving to xmas.
  • my arms and thighs need to completely deflate (3 months after goal) before he will do them.
  • i like the idea of a surgically conservative plastic surgeon.   his office is close to south beach and i think he is a rarity in this arena.
  • he got me an appointment with his brother the chiropractor tomorrow.  which will help with this pain that left me in tears in the bloomingdales dressing room tonight and help with insurance documentation.
  • once he saw a picture of the princess he started talking about making an arranged marriage for his 7 year old boy and her.  funny.
  • he got chocked up.  silent.  disbelief when he saw my "before" picture.  when i could finally speak he said "you and Dr. Bass saved your life".
  • my upper staff took me to PF Changs for lunch today.   our waitress was gorgeous.  like a perfect mix between betty page and veronica lodge (archie comics).   gorgeous.  silver eyes.  black curly hair.   red lips.  i think i am going to PF Changs again next week.  lol.  without the staff.  lol. 
  • staff got me a disney gift card for my birthday.   they do it every year and every year i am thrilled.
  • my boss and his staff gave me a surprise hello kitty cake at the office.   lol.
  • spent the evening at the mall with the princess.  i went on a major shopping spree.  the new DKNY perfume i have wanted.  three new sweaters, a shirt and a dress and new brown boots.   shopping therapy.  needed it.
and finally, i had a major emotional freakout and breakdown today.  i will address it another day here.  i need to get it out.  long story short...if i am going to blog about new beginnings and coping skills ---- i might want to read my own blog and learn from it.   if i am going to talk about honesty and integrity i may want to consider not trying to control the access to that honesty.   if i am going to bust my ass all year to make it to my 38th birthday i may want to act like i am 38 and not 14. 

and one more thing... i just need to get this out.  the pain is overwhelming.   last month i could walk the mall for FOUR hours, if not more.  tonight i could barely do 2 hours.  these last 20 pounds have pushed my body to this place of pain.   here it goes:  i did not lose 160 FUCKIN pounds to be almost crippled by the end of the day and to have to avoid certain fashion styles because of my skin.  whew.  done.  thanks.

good night.  sweet dreams.  i am off to pop a pain killer.

8 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!!! Hope you are feeling a little better with the drugs by now.....and hope the surgery plans work out, sooner rather than later. My mom's sister had a breast reduction (she was ginormous) and is beyond thrilled with the result.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, sucks that you are in so much pain though.
    Hope you get some relief soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! Happy to hear that you may get some relief soon. And then you can sail through surgery and tell me how easy it was so I won't be scared to do it when it's my turn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dearest secret lover...I love you just the way you are! Although, now I am jealous of your booby reduction bc although mine have reduced themselves, they are sad and saggy...and I want them to be perky! OH MY GOSH! I just realized how I can remedy that situation...you can be my sugar mama! and then when we meet for our Bdays next year, we will both have great chi chi's!!!!!

    Happy birthday to you buttercup. Do you find that you are true to a virgo's description? Bc I am not...and I am not quite sure you are either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can almost feel your pain reading your post. I cannot wait fo you to get the relief that you need. Happy Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday!!

    Awesome that the surgeon thinks he can get your insurance company to help with so much of the cost. I'd love to have some additional details (if you don't want to share them with the group - I'd love to get the details in an email) about what specifically is it about your situation that he thinks they will cover the removal of the skin (that p thing I can't ever spell right).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday. I'm sorry you are in pain. Sounds like you found an awesome surgeon. Can't wait to hear more about this part of your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so excited for you too. My surgeon said the same thing about the insurance approval... but I started at a high weight too. Much higher than you were, so I know my skin will get much much worse... Did the exercise help any with the loose skin? I know the insurance will help me with plastic surgery but it will be a long while from now. *Maria*-blogger from "This one time at BAND Camp..." Follow my journey at mybigfatbandgeeklife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete