Total lost since surgery: 108
Total lost from highest known weight: 157
Minutes late to appointment because I was pulled into Human Resources as I walked out the building so a co-worker could show me off to everyone ....which led to an emotional private conversation with someone who is scared but needs the surgery: 10 minutes.
Other issues related to surgery going on with me: I have development major pain and discomfort in my lower back. The excess skin on my thighs has also dropped downward this week. I believe I am walking funny to overcompensate for the weird gait I now have. Need to do two things: 1. document problem for possible insurance coverage of thigh lift 2. find medical relief of back pain. Surgeon suggested today that I go ahead and call Plastic Surgeon for consultation. Usually, the rule of thumb around here is Plastics 3 months after goal weight is met. The concern from surgeon today is that this could lead to larger problems and prevent the mobility I need to achieve goal weight. In the meantime, off to spanx shopping I go this afternoon. I also wonder if the disproportionate size of my lower belly (my "apron") to the rest of my body is causing some of this pain.
Still need to do the emotional growth blog. Hopefully, tonight. Had a great date with someone last night. Things are going great. Also need to blog about yoga and some weird thoughts I am actually having about getting a trainer (YIKES!)....
Until then, Namaste!
Congrats on the weight loss and being shown off. And kudos for supporting your coworker!
ReplyDeleteDH just pointed out to me tonight that the skin above my knees is starting to droop over my knees. Lovely.
Yea weight loss. Boo saggy skin.
ReplyDeleteWow. What an achievement. Isn't it funny how we remember our exact weights at different points in our lives.
ReplyDelete