sorry to sound like a broken record, but i am really trying to take advantage of reaching good restriction and entering the second phase of band life (between month 3 and 4). i want this to be a time of accelerated weight loss.
i am definitely one of those SKINNY bitches who can only get liquid down in the morning right now. i am making sure that it is a high protein shake, even if it takes me an hour. lunch is also high-protein and brought from home. i am not going out to eat anymore at work unless i "have" to. i am having no problem controlling my portions and listening to my body lately...it is the leftovers. i take them home and find myself having 3 dinners spread over 4 hours. not good. so no more leftovers. i am trying to maintain one dinner, high protein, by 7PM and that is it for the night. otherwise it is binging/grazing/PBing/vomiting. not good.
one minor change i have made at work is that i am no longer keeping my lunchbag on my desk throughout the day. i caught myself grazing early last week. now the bag goes out in the main part of the department in our refrigerator. so far that is working. however, if i find myself still grazing the bag is going downstairs to the break room for the whole building.
i am seeing the eating disorder counselor today. first visit. trying to talk myself into "dealing" with this...
and then support group. yay...
Hey Skinny!! ☺
ReplyDeleteGood thought about not having your lunch on your desk...I need to try that!
Hi Shrinking Mommy! Thanks for your comments on my blog.
ReplyDeleteI just recently joined the 'Skinny Bitch' club. (Ha - Love that!) Moving the lunch away sounds like a great idea. I hope your first visit goes well, I'll be interested to hear about it.
Oh you ARE one of those SB's? Only six nuggets for you??? You're figuring out some good food strategies, I might try putting away my lunch, too.
ReplyDeleteI'll tell you about my tummy tuck if you tell me about your eating disorder counseling? The band is a phyical solution to my emotional problem. So, I'm working on that part, too- or my band will be for naught. My sis at Berkeley told me about this book "How to Eat Like a Tree", supposedly about having a normal relationship with food. Sounds like an interesting read from what she says.
I think the small steps you are taking to avoid grazing are great! I'm going to start doing that, so that if I really want a snack I have to go down two flights of stairs and at least get excercise on my way. LOL
ReplyDeleteYou crack me up! I can't want to join the SB club with you...hopefully a week from today.
ReplyDelete