Thursday, June 10, 2010

Bored at 78...

today was my 7 month check-up with the surgeon.   i did not take a fill and i am holding steady right now at 8cc.  i am officially 78 pounds down since surgery and 139 pounds from my highest.  i'll definitely take it.  but at the same time, 78 seems like such a funny number to report on.   i am not disappointed or anything --- but now that i am *only* 22 pounds from 100 pounds since surgery i am get impatient (again). 

playing the numbers game and setting my next goal i know (hope?) i will have lost 100 pounds by my birthday in september.   my goal is actually to lose 22 more pounds by the time i go away to the keys for vacation on august 12th.   totally doable.   and be under 200 pounds by my birthday mid-september.   aggressive?  perhaps.  but will keep me motivated.

why do i need motivation?  because i am fucking bored.  bored with losing weight.  bored with being "good" about losing weight.  bored with putting on clothes that are too big.   lol.  the whole thing is BO-RING me.   apparently this 6/7 month point is where people in recovery from substance abuse usually use again because they are bored.   pass the heroin* please.  lol.  because pigging out will only make be throw up and that is not fun.  a couple months ago i was going to post a poll on "what should heidi's new transfer addiction be?"...now i wish i had because i am ready to act out.   i dream of bottles of wine.   remember fondly the pre-responsible job and pre-mommy days of drug indulgence.   buying clothes, while can be a fun addiction, is useless and stupid now.   HELP!  i need to have something, anything, to make me feel like a bad-ass and at the same time numb the next few months....lol.

*please understand that while the intent is sincere, i am not really looking to become addicted to drugs  no need to call nancy reagan -- but if you do want to stage an intervention on A&E i may be game!

6 comments:

  1. Too funny, I reported on losing 78lbs this week too. LOL.

    I'm bored with losing weight and eating boring food too!!

    Did you get my email in the previous comments??

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could become addicted to cleaning my house or randomly sending me money. Either would work for me :)

    Seriously...this is a GOOD problem to have! This means your life is pretty stable now. You don't have a roller-coaster relationship with people or food to focus on. Now you get to figure out who you really are when you take away all that BS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had been getting bored to. And associated it with why the scale sort of stuck...so I found something new to do.

    Zumba!! I count the minutes until my next session and this week I even walked 11 miles to get there and home because my husband took my keys (on accident).

    I wish I had more suggestions but that is all I've got.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My suggestion is to find something non-weight related and set a hard goal. Maybe something that will help you achieve your weight goal, but isn't something on the scale. This could be to complete a fitness event like a 5K, half marathon, mountain climb. Something that you have to sign up for and has a time limit so you have to train or else. Or you could take a martial arts class, art class or some other class where the end goal would be to finish the class. Maybe you can even work your daughter in to the mix. I know they have some parent/child classes out there - maybe a swim class.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YOU GO GIRL! 78 lbs is amazing!

    I am with you on the boredom. I was just going to write about how quickly bad habits can come back, and I think it's directly related to boredom.

    Visiting me could be your new addiction. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. 78 lbs is really amazing! Great Job!

    Sorry to hear that you are bored... I am sure those goals will keep you motivated. They help me great deal!

    Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete