so...i have a confession to make... a couple years ago i stole a seat belt extender from the airlines. ok. that is not true. i stole TWO seat belt extenders from two different airlines since i travel both frequently for work and they have different seat belt designs. i just hated having to ask in front of co-workers...
tomorrow the princess and i are flying to maryland to spend hannukah with our cousins and apparently see some snow (!!!!).
i am so hoping that i will be "returning" that seat belt extender this weekend and leaving that piece of my morbidly obese past behind...that would be very nice.
i also wanted to share some tips my surgeon gave me on tuesday at my fill.
- almost all "issues" with the band, in his opinion, is a result of eating behavior as opposed to being too tight, etc.
- slow eating. fork down between bites.
- cut up all the food into pea sized pieces before you eat so that every bite is the right size.
- sip water constantly between meals. the more lubricated your esophagus is, the easier food will go down.
have a wonderful day!
OMG! I am going to do a very similiar post with a picture of my lapband extender that I "borrowed" as well! You just beat me to it! It's not like they can't get more ya know :) Hahah, I wonder how many get stolen a year!
ReplyDeleteI sure hope you are, too! I seriously debated stealing one in the past, but ended up changing jobs and not traveling much. Glad to know I'm not the only thief out there.
ReplyDeleteI'm crossing my fingers when we travel next (probably late spring), I'm extender-free!
Amy
PS - Amy W, Freudian slip - you stole a "lapband" extender - thanks for the laugh!
ReplyDeleteGood for you! That is awesome! BTW, I really liked the comment you put on LBT for the bandster whose dad was giving her a hard time about eating out with the family. Thought that was very good advice indeed! Have a great time on your trip!
ReplyDeleteYou are not the first bandster I've heard of who has stolen an extender -- I wonder if it's a big problem for the airlines!
Catherine
thanks for the comments. when i was searching for the picture i saw that they can cost over $40!!!! i actually had a tinge of guilt. i wonder if our collective thievery is why they don't hand out free earphones anymore! lol.
ReplyDeleteand, yeah... i may be *very* interested in a "lapband" extender one day! lol.
Hahah! My bad!!
ReplyDeleteMe too - I'll admit it! And lately, the bit of flying we've been doing has been HEAVENLY - extra inches in the regular belt! hope it all worked out for you!
ReplyDelete