Monday, January 3, 2011

having the floor pulled out from under me....

so i have always said that my 3 biggest "systems" in place for this journey are my support group, my therapy and my blog.

well....as i blogged about recently i knew that i would miss support group for a class i am taking for the next 3 months.  BUT i said...i said...that was manageable because i was working out with 2 other women from support group twice a week with a private trainer.  so i felt that was an adequate "touchpoint".   today i found out that the trainer dumped us.   no.  not because we are horrible whiners  -- which we are.   she dumped us because she got "better" clients.    so good-bye modified support group for me.  fine whatever, i thought.   i even had a funny blog post written in my head about being dumped by my trainer in the place that boca del vista on seinfeld is actually based on.

then.  then i go to support group tonight knowing it is my last group pretty much until april and i find out from the bariatric coordinator that my therapist who leads a monthly group session at support is not going to lead group for a few months but will be back in "you know 5,6, NINE months....."  WHAT?  she is pregnant?  i didn't know that.   who cares about group....when is she going to stop working?  is she going to come back?   or is she going to stay home FORfuckingEVER?    i know.  i know.  i know that she is probably only 3 or 4 months pregnant since i didn't notice on her.  so i know i have some time.   but this is unnerving me.  i see her on thursday and i guess i will talk to her about it then.

so that means i am just left with my blog.   get ready for me to become oneneedyattentionseekingwhoreofablogger STAT.  lol.

now that i have gotten all of these thoughts out of my head and out into cyberspace i can take a deep breath and 1.  know it will be ok and 2. tell myself to stop FREAKING out over the unknown.

i want to blog about support group tonight because the topic was interesting.  at the end i announced the social network i started and it was very well received.  it is so interesting to me how many other people are craving face time with "others like us".   i also met someone who is "one of us" bloggers there and it was great talking to her afterwards.   

4 comments:

  1. your blog supporters are here and ready to roll with ya!! ;-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be Okay. I'm partial to needyattentionseekingwhoreofabloggers so I look forward to reading more from you. I love reading this blog because you are REALLY really working the WHOLE banding experience. From therapy to support group and diet and exercise. You've been so successful and you've made amazing realizations (I still remember the raw emotions when you read that letter saying goodbye to your fat self.)
    Honestly, I don't go to a support group b/c mine is SOOOO lame (a bunch of people complaining non stop about what they CAN'T do and people selling protein products..) so I find most of my support here on the blogs. It's working for me, esp. when I can learn from amazingly successfully and open people like YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You?? a needyattentionseekingwhore? I don't believe it for a second! :D

    I don't go to a support group either.... not from lack of want, but from lack of support group. My surgeon, as wonderful as he is, doesn't have all the post-care that I'd have liked. I'm actually considering doing the same type of social network here, maybe "Bandsters at the Barrel" and we can all warm our hands over the burning mess that used to be Detroit? Kidding aside..... I'd love to hear more, more, more about your local social network.

    Maybe I could host a BOOBS Detroit...... then we'd really know who's hardcore!

    Looking forward to increased posts from you! Love your blog, it's on my daily reading schedule!!

    xooox
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope it all works out for you! I'll be here to listen, no matter what!

    ReplyDelete