Wednesday, April 28, 2010

get your kicks....on route 66...


66 pounds lost since surgery that is... yay! had my monthly post-surgery checkup today and i weighed in at 246. that is 127 pounds lost from my highest known weight.

ok. long pause.

246.

i, heidi, weigh two hundred and forty fucking something pounds that is sooooooooo skinny. lol ok. to me it is. lol.

here is my monthly recap:

pre-op -14 pounds
month 1 -8 pounds
month 2 -8 pounds
month 3 -10 pounds
month 4 -14 pounds (this was actually 6 weeks)
month 5 -12 pounds (this was actually 6 weeks)

i did not take a fill and i think at 7.25cc i am at my sweet spot.

ya know, it was kind of emotional for me today. i am used to my whole life crying in front of scales because of the number being displayed. in the past it was because i was frustrated with my body and the "gods" and really what it was...anger. i would cry because i was so mad at myself for not following the program and expecting success.

today i cried. big ole emotional sobs. it was like a floodgate. (damn, the tears are starting again). it was not a cry from a place of anger or frustration. it was, and is, complete joy. an overwhelming sense of accomplishment that at times is scary. seriously. if i can do *this* after so many times failing, what else can i do? and not just the things i failed at -- but the big things not tied to weight i never tried because i was scare of failure.

speaking of big things...i am 100% focused on my September 2011 climb of Kilimanjaro. i think i finally found something to motivate me to get out there and exercise. since this past saturday i have walked at a minimum 1.5 miles. i have walked to target, to get my nails done, to dinner before support group, etc etc etc. last night i walked on the soft sand on the beach for an hour. i even went to a bicycle shop and i think i have narrowed down my choices and will be making a purchase this week for a new bike.

i have tons of updated pictures to post and hope to get to that in the next couple days.

14 comments:

  1. I have never had a comfortable relationship with my scale...until NOW! Isn't it amazing!
    Keep on rocking it sista!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, awesome, awesome!!! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. That's so awesome! A deep peaceful kind of awesome to know that the world is at your fingertips! I'm so happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. good for you! So happy for you -- both the weightloss and the inner peace you are finding. That is what is really is about, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy for you! You've done so well and worked so hard. Enjoy every moment of being a skinny bitch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love the crying out of happiness tied to our accomplishments! That is so freakin awesome and you are now closer to 200 than 300.

    Good work my secret love!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats...you are doing fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Um yah - skinny minnie = you! Woot woot!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so great. And I'm glad you found something to motivate you for exercise. I told my girls that by the end of the summer we are going to walk a 5K together. I keep saying that I'm going to exercise when I lose weight which is so stupid. I'm excited about training with them and my husband said he'd do it too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thought I typed a comment, but doesn't look like it took. First of all, congrats on the awesome weight loss. It's great that you've found a challenge to train for. In fact, you inspired me. I keep saying that I'll start exercise after I recover from the band and have lost some weight, but that is so stupid. After I read your post, I told my girls that we are going to do a 5K at the end of the summer. They talk about running the mile in school and how they hate it so they are up for doing better. I'm looking forward to training with them and even the hubby said he'd join us. Can't wait to hear more about your training.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! That is great progress.

    ReplyDelete