Today I tried out a session at Or@ngeT#eory. Not sure if they are nationwide but it is a group gym workout.
Let me start by saying that it took me a few months to get past my disappointment that it was not a yogurt place.
So.... I went this morning to try the advertised free session. It was HELL. Remember I lost all my weight with no real exercise. But now I am 42 (and *everyone* says it is harder to lose weight after 40) and I have a deadline of mid-May for our wedding. I have my dress already but I want to be 20 pounds down at least so it flows differently over my stomach.
Anywoo...so this workout place is basically a small group of group circuit training. 27 minutes of intense cardio and 27 minutes of intense strength training. The idea is to say in the "orange" zone of your heart rate at least 12-20 minutes of your one hour session.
According to the report I got afterwards, I spent 2 minutes in the orange. But trust me I pushed myself. Not bad for the first time.
They say you need to go at least 3 times a week for weight loss and you "should" see body changes in 6 weeks. I am open to giving this the ole college try.

I think you will do it because you have a hard deadline and want that damn dress to fit like you imagine it. What are splat points? Sounds....potentially gross.
ReplyDeleteSplat points are the amount of the time you spend in the red and orange zones which are the zones you are working your heart over 84% which are also the zones when you feel like shitting in your pants. hence, the name. i guess.
ReplyDelete