so.... i have been whining a lot lately. more to myself than anyone else. i want to meet more/new people. not sure "who" these people are and what category of my life they would fit...gay/mom/weight loss/professional/whatever.
but i did realize that after having dinner with Electric Band Stephanie the other night and meeting a woman through a dating site that just had surgery that i kind of like having WLS friends. i am not sure why. but i do.
so....outside of support group how does one go about making real life WLS friends? well...i will tell you what i did... i started a group on meetup.com. actually, i played around with the idea all day today and then i saw my bariatric coordinator/surgeon's wife and she was totally all over the idea. then i talked to some women at support group tonight and they thought it was a great idea and they would join .... so lo and behold... the South Florida Weight Loss Surgery Social Network was born.... as i sit here in my dark home office in my fuzzy paul frank monkey pajamas (size L) i feel a little mark zuckerberg....lol...kidding. but if you know of anyone in south florida who had surgery...please share with them this link: http://www.meetup.com/sflwls/
wish me luck....
Great Idea! Good Luck!
ReplyDeleteSounds very cool!
ReplyDeletei wish i was closer to you guys! we have nothing like that in the Daytona area!
ReplyDeleteI'm psyched that you did that! Like I said the other night, I love talking to people with whom I have this huge THING (and I'm not talking about my ass) in common. It felt so good talking to you the other night about everything and feeling so...I don't know...understood, I guess. Last night I also got together with some of the people I know from my surgeon's practice and I thought the same thing. It's nice to relate in that way. So...thanks for setting this up and I definitely look forward to making some new friends!
ReplyDelete