Thursday, August 19, 2010

game.set.match.

i did it.  i met my kindergarten goal today.   i sat my skinny ass in one of those teeny tiny chairs....  now there were chairs a little bigger in the room, but i made sure i sat in the smallest one:


Here is the proof.  The random dad taking the picture was *obviously* trying to get something else in the frame than showing my bottom half in the chair.... i was going to also include a picture of me around 350 on the princess' first day of preschool...but in the spirit of moving forward and not looking back all the time -- i have decided not to.



as for this whole "compulsory education" bullshit and kids growing up and independent....no comment.  :-(

we are back in the Keys until saturday.  


6 comments:

  1. Whoo whoo! Those chairs used to give my nightmares. YOU OWNED IT!
    OMG - Your daughter is so beautfiul!
    You are looking hot mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool and like Jennifer says.... YOU OWNED IT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just begging my second grader to go back to kindergarten so I can have a "baby" again. No dice. Sigh!

    You look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWESOME!!!!

    I can't believe they're going to Kindergarten.
    We go to orientation next week, so I'll post me little chair picture then.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What's even worse are the chair/desk combos. Thank God my youngest is going into Middle School this year so I don't have to squeeze my butt into one at the open house. Congrats on your NSV.

    ReplyDelete