Thursday, April 28, 2011

a little picture show about lil ole me...

my new therapist asked me to bring in some pics of the old me and my progress.  at the same time i have been listening to a lot of fleetwood mac and for some reason -- after all these years -- the song landslide gets the tears flowing.    the line about "i've been afraid of changing because i built my life around you...." just does me in....makes me think about the role my fat played in being an emotional barrier.

so...i put the pics and song together....enjoy....

9 comments:

  1. AMAZING!! You should be so proud of what you have achieved :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Incredibly inspiring... Thanx for the slideshow. I loved it. *M*

    ReplyDelete
  3. You just made my week. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are just incredible!

    I was having fun some recognizing some of the clothes I now own and then there I was. I feel like royalty!

    YES to next Friday - I'll email you. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I'm sitting at my desk bawling! That song has always touched me so deeply and it's a perfect fit for your slide show. The excavation process has been incredible, you have unearthed you...and it's so generous and brave of you to share it with us. I am proud of you and I'm always amazed at your ability to articulate the landslide of emotion that accompanies the process. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goodness...I am having a hard time holding back tears! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are beautiful at ANY size, but DAMN! You look fantastic. I love the video and I'm glad you didn't destroy all the "before" pics.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so proud to call you my friend. What an incredible transformation. You inspire the hell out of me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was so lovely! I adore that song. And thanks for including me in it. :-)

    ReplyDelete