Sunday, March 6, 2011

what to wear, what to wear...

i am having a (fun) identity crisis.   i don't know what my style is anymore.  i am not really stressing it...instead just having fun with it....there are 3 distinct styles that i playing around with lately...

1. punk rock/20-something wannabe look.  chunky strip shirts.  skinny jeans or mini skirts with knee socks or boots.  chunky jewelry.   my one star chucks.  hair spiked up, of course.

2.  hippie chick.  flowy dresses.  tie-dye shirts or skirts.  remember those broom stick skirts from college?   dangling earrings.  birkenstocks.  i will admit that this is the only style that i usually end the day feeling "fat".

3.  power mom chic.  lots of dresses that go to above my saggy knees.  panty hose.  heels.  nice jewelry.  or for casual skinny jeans, flats and a blazer with a shirt.  

(i will try to take pics this week of each look)

i am really enjoying #3 during the week and #1 during the weekend.   i think i am going to ease out of #2 because while i really like it...until i have my flat stomach and tight upper arms, i need to wear things that are not adding to the fluffiness.

i don't know why....but it seems weird to me to be punk one day and corporate the next.  i know it is "OK" but for some reason it feel inauthentic....

on an unrelated note...i am releasing an all-points bulletin....my restriction is gone.  gone, baby, gone.  i am supposed to have my 2 week post gall bladder surgery appointment on friday and was going to get a fill but i am going to move it up if they have time because i feel like i am gaining weight by the day.

speaking of gaining weight...yes, this will be a bad transition...lol...i am so excited for ruby to start again tonight on the style network.   she is bat-shit crazy and i love her.  (and i get a little lesbian vibe from her....ask amy w. about my prediction of lesbians....lol).      so, to get ready for ruby, i have sent the princess to bed early tonight (she was tired anyways), have gotten all my chores done, just need to write my official resignation letter for tomorrow and walk the dogs.... and then at 7 my ass is on the sofa with my ruby.  lol.

4 comments:

  1. Instead of Shape and Fitness magazines, I've subscribed to People Style Watch and InStyle magazine. It's a great feeling to be interested in fashion again. I can't wait to see your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think our personalities are multi-faceted and so are our styles... so yes, punk rock one day and power mom the next.... Personally, I think your a punk rock power mom every day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that InStyle is awesome! I think you should rock whatever look you feel at the moment- you sound WAY cooler than me, btw! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see your style pix!!! I'm currently "Old Navy" shabby :) Howeva..... I got 2 pairs of platform wedge sandals for spring.... now, if it will only stop SNOWING!

    Ruby! That girl and her made up words! I'm so HACKY! I'm hearing you on the lesbian vibe! I don't care that she dated that mini-me guy for so long, he gives off a gay vibe as well, dontchathink?

    ReplyDelete