Putting it out there....last weekend drank from 9pm Saturday until 4pm sunday....had a hard liquor drink alone at bedtime tuesday night....got drunk thursday night....drunk texted thursday night....thought about drinking all day friday...drank 4, maybe 5, glasses of wine last night and two shots of sex on the beach....
The likelihood of a transfer addiction is not lost on me....I am officially going dry. And if I can't, I will be seeking specific help.
I admire you. I wish we'd chatted about this yesterday, but feel free to use me as a sounding board any time you need. :)
ReplyDeleteI like to get my drink on too, but don't have the opportunity to do as much. However, I tend to drink more in the summer (lot of socializing on my deck while the kids swim in the pool) so I'll need to be careful once pool weather hits. Luckily (or unluckily) that's only 3 months here. I totally respect that you are being careful, but it's great that you have lost so much weight eventhough you like to drink. Gives me hope.
ReplyDeleteI tend to be a booze hound myself, and just said to self "really...... 2 glasses MINIMUM every night of homemade hooch??"
ReplyDeleteI make my own wine, cuz I'm so sensitive to sulfites and stuff, but I too need to put down the glass, and make it a 1-2x/week thang, instead of a 7x/week thang.
I'm glad you noticed early on about TA, and are keeping your keen eye on it!
Plus.... empty calories! Perhaps pick up a bong instead? Or is that making matters worse?