Tuesday, February 15, 2011

we are soooooo over....

sometime last week i was catching up on some DVR material...specifically Hoarders and Heavy.   at some point during this marathon i realized i may be a food hoarder.  

no, you will not find pizza crusts under my bed.   but if at that moment in time you opened my refrigerator you would see stacks of leftover boxes.  

it occurred to me that my leftovers were totally beyond the fact that i can only eat 1/2 cup of food...but more related to my need to hold onto food way past its usefulness and/or my desire for it.    i am also the type that when i have lived with someone in the past and they ate something in the fridge that i wanted later i would get upset. my mom is like that too.  my strong attachment to food and not letting go is definitely not healthy.  

so since having this revelation i have not brought any doggie bags into the house.   i eat what i can and everything else gets left in the restaurant or my companion will eat it.   and it has been soooooo freeing.   it is weird.   but for some reason letting go of saving food all the time has really hit the spot with me.

speaking of Heavy...i find it very interesting that in the past i could never watch shows like this or biggest loser.  i avoided them at all costs.  since losing weight and going through my emotional growth process i can get to a place where i watch them.... anyone else have that switch?

4 comments:

  1. Interesting thoughts - I still do doggie bags too. Actually I used to always watch Biggest Loser as some form of punishment when I was bigger, but I tried not to identify with them. Now I can watch an empathize.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought about it, but I do actually watch shows like that more often now. Hmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have more doggie bags now because I don't eat everything at the restaurant. In fact, now I'll often order food that I know will heat up well. I get a kick out of getting three meals out of something before I would have eaten all the first time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know! My fridge is a take out box grave yard! I don't know why I bother.

    I have made a switch, but the opposite. I used to watch WL reality TV, but don't any more. I think it's because my life doesn't revolve around my fatness any longer.

    ReplyDelete