soooooo....just got home from a visit to the emergency room.
here is what went down on the medical front... i woke up at 1:30 with excruciating pain in my back. it was bad. but i thought i was twisted up and sleeping funny and once i straighten out it would go away. it didn't. and when i wasn't dying from the pain in my back i realized i had a lot of pain smack dab in the middle of my chest below my boobs....and it was radiating to the right. the harder i breathed the worst the pain got. i didn't know if i wanted to vomit, puke or fart. so i sat in the toilet for a while. i googled gallbladder from my phone and knew immediately what was going on. eventually called my folks so they could come down (about 30 minutes) and one of them could take me to the ER and one of them could be here when the princess got up for school. the ER quickly guessed it was my gallbladder too and some quick blood tests and an ultrasound later it was confirmed that i have "numerous" gallstones. my liver function is fine and there is not obstruction so it did not require immediate surgery but i was discharged with directions to see my bariatric surgeon soon (he is also a general surgeon). the ER doctor was amazing and even called my bariatric surgeon so that he is fully briefed when i see him tomorrow. the ER doctor suggested that i will most likely have my gallbladder removed because of the amount of stones and the link between weight loss surgery and gallbladder problems.
here is what went down on the psychic hotline front.... first some back history....i have always had a strong familial intuition. my mom too. i would be away at college and leave class with this strange urge to talk to my grandfather. once i left class to call him, my mom answered at his house and i asked "what is wrong with grandpa" and she said "let me call you back, the paramedics just got here".... my use of lsd only heightened my intuition. twice i was out at the club tripping and went right to the airport first thing in the morning because of some strong urge to get back to florida and i had my mom's travel agent book me a ticket and would have her call my parents to tell them i was on my way home and TWICE my dad met me at the airport and took me directly to the hospital to see my grandfather. one of those times he was in a coma. and he woke up when i got to his room to say "good-bye". the stories go on and on. my mom just reminded me of the time she was sitting on the sofa in the middle of the night and my grandfather called and said "you sound wide awake" and she said "i was waiting for you to call" and he said "i am ready to go to the hospital".
so.....what does this have to do with my gallbladder? here is last night's timeline:
1:30AM i wake up in pain spend an hour trying to go back to sleep not realizing how much pain i am in.
2:30AM my dad wakes up. gets a drink of water and goes back to bed but can't fall asleep so at 3:30 he goes on the computer to do some work.
3:30AM i have the house phone in my hand and am about to call my parents. the princess comes downstairs to my room and tells me she wants to see my mom. i tell her to get in my bed and go back to sleep. i decide not to call my parents yet.
3:35AM i send my mom an email to say "i don't feel good. i think it is my gallbladder".
4:20AM my mom gets up. thinks she is going to go back to sleep.
4:30AM i call my parents and tell them to come get me. my dad is already dressed unconsciously, we now realize, waiting for my call. dad takes me to ER and mom stays home with the princess who wakes up, unaware of her familial intuition leanings, and thinks that she got her wish to see her grandmother.
so....now i am home. in pain. but not as much pain as this morning thanks to the percocet. and OF COURSE today i am supposed to see my therapist after many missed attempts. thanks to Catherine's wise advice i immediately texted her when i left the ER to tell her i could not drive down but would love a phone appointment today and that is what we will do. Thanks Catherine for suggesting that option.
so i will see the surgeon tomorrow at 4 and figure out the next steps from here.... always fun around here, i tell ya.... lol.
Oh no! That sounds horrible. Hope all is better soon!
ReplyDeleteThat is a highly coveted trait. I think I'm the opposite. Like the last person to know or figure out everything.
You sound so calm about it all. I would have been freaking out! My mom had a big intuition save. Her parents were traveling around in an RV and she woke up with a bad feeling. She tried calling them and couldn't reach them. She knew where there were and luckily it was only a few hours away. She went to them and come to find out they were in early stages of carbon monoxide poisioning and heard time regaining consciousness.
ReplyDeleteOy vey, that sounds awful! If you need anything (babysitting, errands, whatever) please don't hesitate to call me.
ReplyDeleteFeel better! How scary!
ReplyDeleteCool talent that you guys have.
Ugh, scary stuff! I hope you feel better and that you get some relief from this pain, soon!
ReplyDeleteThat's awesome that you'll get to do your appt by phone!
I used to call that wavelength stuff. My mom and I were like that with each other, but it didn't extend to my grandmother.
Wow, this is so weird..felt like i was reading my own blog, well minus the parents and child part. But I feel horrible for you!!!
ReplyDeleteRemember I told you I have to have my gallbladder removed too?! I know exactly how the pain feels. OMG its horrrrible!! I went to see the DR, DR. B isnt in but i saw DR. E and he said he'll do it. But Ive been having some insurance issues and what not. So needless to say I havent had surgery yet. But I have had a few of those same attacks lately, just trying to bear with the pain till I can get in for surgery.
Let me know how the Dr. visit goes. Hope all is well otherwise!
I hope you feel better soon! I hear it's the worst pain ever. My sister and I have the same thing going, in fact right before my mom died I was a friend's house and all of a sudden my ears started ringing and I got very flush, I ran home and when I got there, Mom was in distress and my sister said, thank God you're here, I was calling you in my head. My niece is also very intune with it as well, it's a gift. Keep us posted on the gall bladder. And thanks for the nice comment on my blog!
ReplyDelete