Monday, July 5, 2010

oh no she didnt.............

so not only do i have a date tomorrow night ... i also have a date with someone else saturday night. (going to the grease sing-a-long no less!) so tonight i decided to run into The Avenue (plus size store) for a new shirt to wear saturday night.   i saw this really cool shirt with 80s style square jewels/stud things.   so i asked the sales woman for a 14/16 because there was only one on the floor (22/24) and one hanging up on the wall.   she said the one on the wall was an 18/20 and i crinkled my nose thinking it would be too big.  that frickin bitch had the nerve to look me up AND down as to suggest that maybe i needed that 18/20.   and in a moment of former fat bitch panic i gave in and told her i would try on the 18/20.   it was a frickin dress on me.  and you know i made sure to come out of that dressing room and show her.   lol.  

i have to say it is kind of weird to barely fit into clothes anymore at only store i have pretty much shopped at for the last 12 years....   i did end up with another shirt of similar style in a size 14/16....and i do have to say i look cute in it......grrl....i can NOT wait for saturday night! lol.

11 comments:

  1. You go, Girl. Hope you told that saleswoman to suck it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no she didn't! Love it! Wear it proud sista!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh heeeellll nah. psh. YOU know what your size is. lol. you show her girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hoochie mama! lol :-)
    i so want to go to the grease sing-along!!
    have a great time!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know what you need? You need to stop shopping in the fat girl stores! You need to get your skinny ass into some regular stores and see what's out there for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate it when bitchy salespeople think it is ok to make comments like that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Post some pics of that new shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am sort of having a hard time dealing with this no longer shoping at LB and Avenue thing. I have been going to those stores for so long... I feel comfortable there and I know how things fit... whenever I go to a "normal store" I get a little anxiety about it.

    Anyway, I am sure you looked smoke'n in your new shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. No more Avenue!!! there is a whole big world of stores out there with much nicer things than the Avenue...and guess what YOU CAN FIT THEM!!! I can't stand the Avenue...they always have fat chicks working in there wanting everyone else to be fat!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good for you!! And, I'm totally impressed by all the dates!! I need to get on the stick on that front bigtime!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You and I have always been very close in weight, and weight loss.... I went to Lane Bryant yesterday because I finally wanted a sundress (batwings be damned!) and I tried on the 18... a TENT I tell you! I went back..... no 16's available, but one 14. I skulked back to the dressing room, with my inner-fatty telling me there was NO WAY that 14 would fit. Hello....... another tent.... a better fitting tent, but still a tent. Tripping over the hem no less!

    So.... where do we go from here? I've only shopped in Lane Bryant/Avenue for at least 20 years. I've never even peeked in other stores. I never shopped with my "regular" sized friends.

    If you find a store you love.... share with me! I'm enough states away (Michigan) that we won't get caught wearing the same outfit to an event!! :D

    Hugs,

    Karen

    ReplyDelete