I am on a Southwest flight right now. I was the first to board due to my ticket type. The gate agent took my ticket and welcomed me to go sit in the exit row...um, fat people who need seatbelt extenders can't sit in the exit row. I know because I was once removed from an exit row. I was stopped once by the gate agent due to my size and asked to buy another seat and only got past him because my skinny but pregnant employee who was with me went off on him. Em-barass-ing.
I will admit that after the Southwest news this week, I did consider measuring my ass last night....
Oh wait. I don't need an extender anymore! I am sitting here in loose 24 pants and a Jones New York 2X shirt. Armrest down. Let's get this show on the road!
I bet that feels good!! You go girl! They removed me once from an exit row when they realized I had a nursing baby up under that blanket! ;-)
ReplyDeleteGood for you.. the news does make you think twice about how wide your kester can be.. Have a safe flight..
ReplyDeleteWOO HOO! How about that for a NSV! That is some amazing progress! Congrats!
ReplyDeleteAwesome NSV!!
ReplyDeleteI too, was once kicked out of an exit row seat (that I paid extra for) on a full flight filled with skinny Dutch people. It was so embarrassing. I had priority boarding and was all buckled in and everything. They waited until the saftey demonstration (when everyone is looking) to ask me to move. The worst part was that someone had to volunteer to move so that I had a new seat to sit in.
That's so awesome! Southwest has SMALL seats, so sitting comfortably in one of them is a HUGE NSV.
ReplyDeletewoo hoo congrats!!!! that is a great NSV
ReplyDeleteYay!!
ReplyDeleteNiiiiiceee.
ReplyDeleteHello there! New follower here... :)
ReplyDeleteWith all the buzz about Southwest of late, I was GRIPPED by your entry here. One of my worst nightmares would be what you & Kevin Smith (among many others) have gone through. I dread it everytime I fly (as do we all). I'm hoping to get my band by end of April & can't wait to celebrate the day I don't have to worry about it anymore.
Thanks for sharing this awesome NSV (& I know what that is now! LOL).
Blessings,
Robin at Band on the Run