Monday, December 28, 2009

i think lbt got her period...

is it just me or is the vibe at lbt today very cranky?   snark-a-roni is on the menu today apparently....

people are being blasted for being confused (and honest) about their feelings.   others are scared to answer for fear of being told off.

lbt is not my first rodeo. i have been actively involved in internet boards for about 15 years now. i have been banned from some. i have been part of creating the "anti" version of some. i even pissed someone off so much that she had a "secret" board where she talked about me all the time. but lbt is a different animal.

there has been one subject i have wanted to comment on for a little now but have resisted the urge.      have you seen posts where someone is just not having major surgery, but a device implanted in them for the rest of their life and they announce they have not told their spouse and have no intention of ever telling their spouse.  seriously...what the fuck?     that is not flame worthy but someone coming to the realization that they have been fooling themselves all these years that being fat was "ok" is flame worthy?

i don't get it.  there i said it.

7 comments:

  1. I didn't see that discussion on lbt. I cannot ever imagine having any type of medical procedure without confiding in my husband, but then, he is more than my lover and husband. He is my best friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't spent much time on lbt, but I do spend time on Obesityhelp and they have surgery wars. I've never seen anything like it. They call each other names and say their surgery is superior for whatever reason. So bizarre. But it's like watching a train wreck and I keep reading anyway.

    No way I would have anything done without telling my husband. I haven't told anybody else though after a bad experience telling the first person. I'm still in the pre-band waiting period so maybe once I have it done I'll tell more. We'll see...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to live on lbt, but I don't go much anymore. I get a lot more support and info from the blogs.
    I did see a post awhile back with a wife saying she wasn't telling her husband. I agree WTF - I'm not sure how I could go in the hospital without telling my husband. And how do they explain the post op food regimen?

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH man...once months ago I stumbled across one of those. She told her husband she was having gallbladder surgery and she had strung this whole web of lies! I am like...WHAT? I mean, what if she had complications, or had to go to the ER? I agree with Linda. LBT was a good place for me to start, but sometimes I can't handle the mean or REALLY stupid people.

    ReplyDelete
  5. it is really sad that some people feel they have to lie. if i was with a partner and they did not possess the ability to support me doing something like this i would spend my insurance deductible on some serious counseling and soul searching before i even considered surgery.

    that is a nice thing i see at my support group -- husband coming to not only support their wives, but all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Linda & Amy, I started out with LBT, but once I found your blogs, I haven't been back. I totally feel like I get much more support from all of you! And no one condemns us for feeling a certain way, etc!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LBT is an interesting place, that's for sure. I appreciate the info I got, and it honestly helped me decide to get the band, but post-op, I find the rule-bending, cheating, whining hard to deal with.

    As for not telling your spouse, obviously that marriage has WAY more problems than can be addressed in a year's worth of therapy.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete