Saturday, August 31, 2013

scared of restaurants....

considering my situation with no restriction right now i am scared to death to eat at a restaurant.   because i am scared to death to gain weight.  

thursday we were going to an event in the evening close to my office.   there happened to be a fundraiser that evening at Ch*p*lte for a group i support as well.    so it made sense to go there since we had to eat out anyways.   i obsessed about this all day thursday.   finally i decided to go to their website and i found a handy dandy calculator where you could build your meal.   playing around on it i was able to come up with a combination of items that interested me and was relatively low in calories and carbs but high in protein.   i went with a bowl -- no rice -- with fajita veggies and cheese.       honestly i included the cheese because i thought I would only eat half of the bowl.  i ate the whole thing.   to be fair it was not like the bowl was filled.  it was a scoop of carnitas and a scoop of peppers and onions and a couple tablespoons of cheese.  according to the calculator it was 310 calories, 5 carbs and 36 protein.   i think that was a wise choice and i felt calm and in control, even eating the whole bowl.



but this whole eating out of the house thing stresses me out right now.   like tonight...we were visiting Love's dad in Miami and it got late and Love and Princess were "starving" so instead of driving the hour home to where i had snapper ready to cook...we ended up going out.   we choses Burgrefii which is "eh".... i had a small patty with swiss cheese no bread (i am allergic to wheat).    i stayed away from the fries.  

fortunately i keep verbalizing that eating in restaurants scares me right now and i think Love is "hearing" me.  like tonight when she suggested mexican i promptly told her that anywhere with chips on the table is off limits.   trigger foods.

tomorrow we are going to Disney for the day.   again eating out.  it is not unusual for us to picnic with our own food in the park.  but tomorrow we are not.   nervous.   i have some meal destinations in mind.  but there are so many unknowns.

 i am scared.  scared of gaining more weight.


5 comments:

  1. I have the same issue at restaurants!! I always say I have a physical barrier (the band) but I'm still working on my mental barrier!! Try ordering off the kids menu or force yourself to order something you don't like much. Moes and qdoba have great kids meals if you're in a pinch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant to say this in my comment but forgot! We were/are at Disney at the same time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! You can do this, just keep making those good choices!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am proud of you for addressing this before you regained everything or almost everything (like I did). You can do this! Just take it one healthy decision at a time.

    I missed you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the hardest time eating out. I panic, I complain, and I just feel weird. I take mexican restaurants off the table a lot with my hubby. It is just too hard!

    ReplyDelete