Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Karma is a bitch....

This one is going to be hard....

I have spent a lot of time working on my issues....my fear of not being perfect and fucking up. All this work got me to a place where I am at least aware of my fear....but to say I conquered it would be an out and out lie.

I am struggling. In life. Five words there. But so hard for ME to say.

I blame karma. Of course I blame karma because I can't break through that mental barrier and blame myself....

When was in high school I had a "best friend". We used to lay in my bed and hold our legs in the air and compare them. I may have been fat, but I had nice legs....and I made sure to tell her all the time that my legs were better than her. So a few years ago when I developed a hyper-pigmentation on my shins that makes me look bruised up all the time....I thought back to those insignificant nights in the late 1980s and thought that karma had bitten me on the ass. Weird and irrational. I know. Buy that is how my mind works.

Fast forward to some time in the last year or so.... I was at support group and a woman who was two years out from surgery and still very very large (but had already lost over 100 pounds) said she was frustrated because she only lost 10 pounds (up and down) in her second year. I thought at the time, and may have blogged these thoughts --- can't find them --- that I would DIE if I didn't finish this thing up in my second year....now my second year is coming go a close in About a week and I have only lost 20 pounds this year. I know...blah blah blah...I didn't gain, a loss is still closer to my goal....but I have to wonder if karma did not come in and teach me a very shitty lesson about being judgmental and thinking I a so god damn perfect.

And know for what I have been avoiding....plastic surgery did not go as "perfectly" as planned. I had my arms and breasts lifted on September 29th. For one, I was not totally prepared on how limited I would be the first couple weeks and dependent on other people. In order to minimize my scar, he cut in my armpit and pull everything tight into that. My arms are healing nicely. Once I am completely healed he will do some laser to tighten my arms some more. The problem is my left breast. When you have a breast lift they remove your nipple and reattached it higher. I had a breast lift and minor reduction. The shape of my greats are amazing and all the nurses say it actually looks like implants. When the swelling goes down I will be a firm and perky D cup as opposed to F or G. Like I said, the form is nice.

The complication came with my left nipple and areola. With this surgery there is a 1% chance of a complication of the blood supply not going to your areola and nipple which could cause it to "die" and that is what happened to me. So one week after my initial surgery I had to have "emergency" surgery to remove my dying areola and nippple and replace them Along with a skin graft around them. This was to restart the blood supply under them. The good news is that it was a success. The difficult news is that it looks very scary and until it is completely healed I do not know about the nipple. They surgeon says it should be ok but until the layer of protective skin finishes healing off I won't see it and that is difficult. And once again I worry that karma once again bit me on the ass because i was so silly and boastful on how I was going to have a "banging" body. I have definitely been humbled by this experience.

In typical perfectheidi fashion I was going to wait until I was completely healed to report on my fabulous arms and breasts but that would only feed into my sickness. This is hard. I cry often. Worried that I will be deformed and not have a nipple. I am a femme lesbian for crying out loud....who am I if I don't have my boobs? Lol.

I am not sure I can write anymore right now. This post has emotionally exhausted me.

7 comments:

  1. First of all Heidi, I'm so gald you posted, welcome back. Secondly, I wish you only the best with your recovery. I have two friends who have no nipples at all, one...a breast cancer survivor went through at least 5 surgeries and so when it came time to make her some new "nipples" and tatoo the area, she decided she didn't want to have any more surgery and instead got a very beautiful tatoo symbolizing her journey. Another of my friends had complications after a breast reduction and lost both of her nipples as well and nearly lost her life due to infection. It is times like these when it is so hard to see that what we are really has little to do with what we have or what is visible on the outside. I'm sorry that you are struggling, but I think it's a huge step that you are sharing these struggles and I hope that at the very least you find some comfort knowing that we are listening and we care. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. xoxoxoxoxoxox Heidi..... Miss Karen <3's you!

    I find you SO strong, even if you think you're being weak, or karma is fucking with you.

    I have some of the same issues.... about being perfect. It's a work in progress, and some days, it sucks hairy ass.

    I'm sorry you're having complications with your left girly... I will pray that the nipple regains it's integrity, and that it was just a big bump in the road for you. I've had the same surgery (as you know) and I've had some small complications (compartmental syndrome.... they had to cut open the stitches on my left arm, about 1-1/2 inches, and will revise once the scar is softer) and a horrible reaction to Lovenox, but no where near what you are dealing with.

    I adore you, and wish I lived closer...... if not only to commiserate about how this whole weight thing truly IS 99% mind, and 1% metabolism. Big, warm, gansta Detroit hugs for you, my doll! xoxoxox
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is incredibly difficult when your journey is so long, I should know. I won't be at goal at the end of my second year probably not even my third. I get fed up, overfed, and Effed.... But I will get there, and I definitely know you will. You are strong and Inspirational. I know you will get the results you want when the healing is complete, but if you don't... DO whatever you need to get there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does it really matter how long it takes? In the grand scheme of things? You have kicked more ass than most of the people in this world and that's what matters. I've missed you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. karma is kind of a bitch isn't she...nice blog...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Miss you! How are you doing? I'd love to hear from you. Hope all is well, you are enjoying life and in a happy place.

    ReplyDelete