it took an email a plea for a visit from Babbling Amy ....an actual phone call from Electric Band Stephanie (the texting queen) ....AND an email from my first (and only) blog-girl crush, Amy W. (and i didn't even have to put on astronaut diapers.... ;-).....but i am back from the blog-dead...
honestly nothing but LIFE was keeping me away. i have thought so many times "i need to blog about this"...but then i would get busy with LIFE. i said my word this year would be LIFE / LIVING and that is exactly what i have been doing.... living life in my size 12s and medium shirts.... (and quite cutely, if i do say so myself....) i just ran across the street from my new office and took this picture in a consignment store dressing room....
here is the bullet- point update with details in subsequents posts this week (i promise).
- JOB -- i started my "dream job" in late march and it has been a challenge. good challenge -- but a challenge nonetheless....
- WEIGHT -- has kind of been like watching grass grow. i am down to 193. but things have shifted considerably and like i said i wear a size 12 most days and am mostly buying size medium shirts from wal-mart brand to michael kors. have lost a size and half in shoes, too.
- PRINCESS -- growing by the day. so mature. such a good kid.
- BODY IMAGE -- improving like you wouldn't believe. i finally am able to see what the mirror shows me. i see a very narrow person when i look in the mirror. i no longer see this imposing figure but instead a very shrunk version of someone i used to know. i am able to see the hanging skin for what it is...temporary and not "fat"...
- EATING DISORDER / THERAPY -- still working on these but committed to it. had a major breakthrough this week....
- PLASTIC SURGERY -- i have started to pay for my arm lift and breast lift which are scheduled for september 29.
- LOVE LIFE -- i am in love. this is for real. The One Who Got Away (TOWGA™) is officially back in my life for good. we had a two year break where we individually went through a lot but never lost sight of what could have been. it is so natural and good. i will definitely share more about this later...
back in february, for the princess' birthday, i got "live the life you imagined" tattoo'd on my foot in my own handwriting....and that is exactly what i have been doing...in order to do so i have had to take risks, consciously force myself to stop holding onto the past and learn how to make mistakes and survive. i am here.


You sound good and happy. I was just wondering how you were doing the other day. Don't stay away so long.
ReplyDeleteYou have no idea how happy I was to see your name pop up in my blog reader. <3
ReplyDeleteSo glad you are back, and I loved reading this post. You sound very content :)
ReplyDeleteYay! So glad to see you here! Congratulations on living the life you imagined, that's wonderful...you look amazing!!!!
ReplyDeleteAw, I so love it when you stroke my ego...it needs contant stroking you see! You should feel very special that so many people were trying to track you down...tripletmamma was very worried and facebooked me.
ReplyDeleteI am so very jealous of your boob lift. That is the one and only thing I want done.
And i am happy that you are in love and...happy! You deserve it.
Smooches! Miss and love you!
ReplyDeleteYou betcher butt I facebooked Amy...... I was CONCERNED. I you and your blog, and I was in need of some Heidi time! So glad you came back and reminded me that we all LIVES to live!! Who knew?!
ReplyDeleteI'm excited to hear you have a date for your arm lift & tatty lift!! You are going to be SUPER happy!! I'm thrilled with my results. Note: I am 6 weeks out, and still have some soreness. Make sure you get PLENTY of drugs. My doctor's assistant is the drug nazi. I had to flirt with my dentist to get more V. (No Truebies..... I'm not talking about Vampire Blood!) (but doesn't it sound like FUN?!?!)
BTW...... AMY.... if you really want a boob lift, seriously..... start saving your $$ and do it. You can't take it with you, and honestly.... I smile every time I see those girls actually looking back at me! Best. Decision. EVER!